Locked Area - User Management and Password Protection Software
Username:
Password:
Register / My Account / Forgotten Password?
 Home  Features and Benefits  Online Demonstration  Download  Upgrade  Help and Support  my.Locked-Area 
 Support Home  Helpdesk  Frequently Asked Questions  Community Forums 

Community Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch 
Locked Area 5.1/6.0/6.1 - In Development! ...and Bug Reports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    my.Locked-Area.com Forum Index -> Beta Testing and Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Locked Area be written in PHP rather than Perl?
Yes, Locked Area should be written in PHP.
68%
 68%  [ 13 ]
No, Locked Area should be written in Perl.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Locked Area should be available in both, PHP and Perl.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

skirrow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Locked Area 5.1/6.0/6.1 - In Development! ...and Bug Reports Reply with quote

We are currently preparing Locked Area version 5.1, this resolve various issues and includes some new minor features.

- PayPal Subscriptions, support for monthly or yearly subscription durations added and improved callback script.

- Date format issues resolved, PayPal callback issues resolved, Windows variables.pl update issue resolved and improved installation wizard.

Due to the date format issues we are now changing the format of the date used with the text database (MM-DD-YYYY) to suit the mySQL format (YYYY-MM-DD), this will require a new database converter for existing databases.

We are considering adding some additional custom form fields to Locked Area Pro, possibly to support up to 10 custom form fields. Such an update will require a new database format, and in keeping with Locked Area tradition (incrementing the primary version number whenever the database format is changed) this would in fact mean the next release would be version 6.0, not 5.1... This may also be appropriate due to the date format change.

Your comments regarding the custom form fields and database change are welcomed... Any further feature suggestions or bug reports are welcomed!

Best Regards,
Neil Skirrow

Last edited by skirrow on Mon May 05, 2008 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
bzork1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: custom fields Reply with quote

I am very much in favor of custom form fields. It is very useful to get clients to write personal comments or requests. It gives them the feeling (and reality) of being heard and able to add something of use. I would like at least some of these fields be multi-line - so the client can write more than a few words.

Robert
skirrow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

The system already supports textarea fields and you can specify the size as you require... This allows users to enter and style inputs across multiple lines.

Best Regards,
Neil
skirrow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are nearing completion of version 6.0.

Locked Area Pro now offers support for up to 10 custom form fields, and the PayPal subscriptions system now supports monthly and yearly subscription durations without manual modification to the template files.

Locked Area Lite/Pro also includes new field descriptions enabling you to include a description for custom form fields and all the templates have now been updated to utilise basic CSS/stylesheets, the general layout is still controlled with HTML to ensure 100% browser compatibility...

We are also very pleased to announce the launch of our user referral scheme which has been planned for many years! All you do is include your my.Locked-Area.com username in your Locked Area configuration, and the 'Powered by Locked Area' text automatically becomes a referral link. If a visitor to your web site selects this link and in turn purchases Locked Area Pro you will automatically earn 15% of the sale, which is 4.35 GBP, approximately $8.50 USD. If a customer you refer purchases for example, an OpenCrypt 'Lifetime License' you would earn 44.85 GBP, which is approximately $89 USD. When you refer a sale we will automatically notify you via email. Commissions are paid by PayPal once you have reached 25 GBP, approximately $50 USD, or can be used as credit to purchase our products and services.

The version 6.0 Beta should be available to members of the beta testers user group very soon, if anyone would like an advancement copy please post in this topic.

To join the beta testers user group, please see: http://my.locked-area.com/forum/groupcp.php?g=31

Best Regards,
Neil
skirrow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locked Area version 6.0 Beta is now available, please see: http://my.locked-area.com/download.php

- Neil
globalpro

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neil,

Wow, I almost missed this one. I have downloaded the file and will go to testing.

Anything in particular to look for?

Thanks,

John
skirrow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

Maybe keep an eye on the registration and expiration dates and the text database to ensure the line return and date error is 100% resolved.

Other than that, just let us know if anything doesn't make sense, is confusing, could be done better etc...

- Neil
rybrns11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Neil, just got back home from being away for several weeks and found your release notice for LA 6.0 beta. I'm going to install it and try it out.

Question: I have LA Pro. Do the Professional.pl, auto_expire.cgi, and paypal_callback.cgi files remain the same? Can I simply copy them to the folder that the beta files are in to try out the Pro 6.0 version?

Thanks much.
skirrow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Locked Area Pro files have changed. Locked Area Pro version 6.0 is available from the download section of my.Locked-Area, if you can only see the Lite version please advise and I will update your account.

- Neil
rybrns11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="skirrow"]Yes, the Locked Area Pro files have changed. Locked Area Pro version 6.0 is available from the download section of my.Locked-Area, if you can only see the Lite version please advise and I will update your account.

- Neil[/quote]

Neil,

I only see the LA Lite option.

Thanks.

--S. Rayburn
skirrow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated your account...

- Neil
skirrow

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An issue has been discovered in version 6.0 relating to the 'Request New Password' function not setting passwords correctly, an updated database.pl file is now available - v6.1 including this updated file will be released shortly.

- Neil
markpeddie

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: database.pl file Reply with quote

Hi, is this file available somewhere on the site please?
"...an updated database.pl file is now available - v6.1 including this updated file will be released shortly. " thanks
skirrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The v6.1 beta contained further issues so has been held back whilst we resolve the other problems. We hope to have it ready later this month.

- Neil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    my.Locked-Area.com Forum Index -> Beta Testing and Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: